FUNDRAISING & DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP—NON PAID (WITH POTENTIAL TO LEAD TO PART- OR FULL-TIME PAID POSITION)
Gift of Identity Fund is a one-of-its kind non-profit organization that raises funds to provide travel grants to international adoptees who are seeking to return to their country of birth, explore their culture of origin, and learn more about their identity.
The Gift of Identity Fund seeks a motivated intern who has had a career in (or is interested in gaining professional experience in) marketing, communications, and fundraising for a national non-profit organization. The intern will assist with developing a marketing plan, be responsible for researching and posting relevant content to social media platforms on a consistent basis, design and manage email and physical mail campaigns, and begin building a strong donor base. This position is ideal for someone who is interested in or has had a career in marketing and fundraising, and has interest or experience in post adoption services.
8 to 10 hours per week, with flexible scheduling.
This position will be overseen by 1 or 2 board members.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Raise the visibility of the organization by building relationships with identified key partners
- Cultivate new potential donor organizations and/or individuals, and secure donations relying on internal contact lists and current organizational relationships
- Create and maintain drip email campaigns
- Assemble postal mailings including thank you notes, annual appeal letters, etc.
- Keep accurate records of contacts made and status of donor viability and history using a digital database (potentially Google sheets)
- Manage social media (largely Facebook fan page) by posting relevant videos, blog posts, campaigns, resources, etc. on a daily basis
- Prepare press releases to deliver to local media outlets (digital & print) when grants are awarded
- Develop a spring/graduation season keepsake ornament sale campaign
- Coordinate at least one on-the-ground fundraiser with an achievable fundraising goal, targeted invitees, and if possible, media attendance
- Intense drive to build and increase revenue
- Self-accountable and detail oriented with superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication practices
- Experience with campaign writing or other demonstrated writing abilities
- Comfortable creating Facebook posts to promote the organization and its mission
- Ability to easily gather and track information by telephone, in person, and online
- Excel, Word, and Google Docs skills essential
- Understanding of international/transnational adoption and the needs of the adoptee community a plus
- Flexibility, pleasant demeanor, and willingness to learn and inform/explain team members about your work
- Ability to produce (conceptualize, film, & edit) video promos helpful but not required
- Knowledge of how to leverage social and digital media platforms to attract and develop new donors a plus
Compensation: This is a non-paid internship for six months. At that time, the GIFT board members will evaluate candidate’s skill set, and determine if to convert this to a paid position.
Location: Our main office is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, however, this internship will be done remotely.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Becca@GiftofIdentityFund.org by 10 PM CT on March 15, 2016.